Ninja Scrolls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Mei-chan
Mei-chan
Suna Kazekage
Suna Kazekage

Welcome to Suna (Mei, Souma) Empty Re: Welcome to Suna (Mei, Souma)

Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:27 pm
Mei would find herself relieved at the thought of leaving the Misty wonderland of Kirigakure, however she also seemed a bit concerned considering Matatabi hadn't spoken to her since they arrived there. They were walking through the desert and she still hadn't spoken a single word to Mei. The woman found it odd considering the feline seemed to talk her head off on a daily basis. Perhaps, she was angry with Mei, annoyed with Mei, or something else Mei had done was bothering her. Nonetheless, the Kazekage had no time to question the Bijuu for she was nearing the village gate. Dark brown hair would wave slightly in the sandy breeze prompting Mei to tuck said hair behind her ears, while she adjusted her top just enough so it would cover her whole chest. Everything else seemed to be just perfect within her eyes and her heart would begin to flutter as the gate guards quickly came to greet her, "Welcome back, Lady Mei. There wasn't a single problem here while you were away... However, we will need his information for entry." Mei would smile and sigh with relief all at the same time before giggling, "Very good.
Thank you all very much. Oh! This is Souma. Souma Hiruma. You can categorize him as one of our own and a personal guard of my own."
Odd eyes would then look into the busy village lighting up as she watched the children happily running around playing some sort of innocent ninja game. They were home.

"Ok, Souma!" Mei would speak with a bright, innocent smile, "Welcome to Sunagakure! This is my whole life and now you too are part of that life, so I will tell you once.. only once..." Mei's eyes would fade from happy to cold in a matter of mere seconds, "If you ever give me a reason to feel as if you're threatening my world, I won't hesitate to end you. Ok?" Mei would finish the sentence with a rather cheery sounding one word question as opposed to the rest of the calm, rigid tone she had spoke a majority of the sentence with. "Now that that's settled, Tour time!" Mei would squeal a bit just as a small child would do as she awaited the confirmation of "tour time" from Souma.
Arcile
Arcile
Iwa Tsuchikage
Iwa Tsuchikage

Welcome to Suna (Mei, Souma) Empty Welcome to Suna (Mei, Souma)

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:36 am
Before leaving, I noted a presence which seemed to watch me as I left... though I couldn't place who or what. Our journey was long, but arduous isn't exactly the supplement I would use to describe it. No, instead, I felt sways of relief and gratitude, coupled with a mess of eros and somewhere in the back of my mind, fear. As the land transitioned from swamp to plain, to finally desert, we arrived at the gate to Sunagakure, at which point the guards cut us off, despite the Kage being the one to enter. Then I realized they were staring at me. Instead of being formal, as I'd expect from a Kage, Mei Tsaki instead giggled and bounced as she had dealt with me. She had introduced my by name to them, under the role of her personal guard. This I took with a sigh of relief, though I couldn't help but shake the fact that they still eyed me carefully.

Bouncing and giggling once again, she addressed me. She'd formally welcome me in her own way, describing the village as her whole life, and that by my extension as her guard, so too would it be my duty to uphold that. She slowed her speech down to make one thing perfectly clear. That one thing was that if I should ever cross her, my life would be forfeit. Her delivery of that line indicated that while she was fully capable of being someone murderous and cold, she didn't want to live like that, ending on a bright tone. I myself was staring with wide eyes, unable to fully process that little thought. "Duly noted, milady. I have no reason to burden you with something so crude." I said, shortly before the announcement of a tour. I nodded in confirmation after noting that she was waiting for me to acknowledge it. I couldn't help but smile, seeing her take so much excitement out of all of this. It was a refreshing shift from the mundane life of a sellsword.
Mei-chan
Mei-chan
Suna Kazekage
Suna Kazekage

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:02 pm
Mei would turn away from the gate and Souma towards the village she so loved to set her odd eyed sights on, "This is Sunagakure, the Village Hidden in the Sand, the Desert Village, et cetera et cetera. It's basically surrounded by a bowl of just sand obviously by the sand walls you see everywhere. The only was in and out of the village," Mei would turn back around and point to the gate, "is through that long walkway between the walls and through that very gate.
The gate stays guarded every minute of every day, even through the night, of course not by the same people, but I'm sure you understand. We rarely ever close it, unless we're trying to keep something locked in or locked out. Pretty self explanitory."
The woman's face was expressing that of boredom as she spoke of the gated area. It wasn't all that interesting to her considering there were many more places inside the village that were actually entertaining. To Mei, she felt there really wasn't any need for the gate, except to log who came in and out of her village; however, she knew relying souly on her own abilities would lead to mistakes and preventable problems. Mei would quickly turn away after before wandering further into the village giving Naara the choice to disperse if she so wished to relax from the long journey. Mei would lead Souma along before stopping amongst a street full of buzzing people, "This here is where most of our shops are. It's like a sort of market place you could say. Anything you could need food, clothing, or more along the lines of civilian items are sold here. It's normally busy, but that only makes it much more fun to explore. However, the village only gets more interesting. Follow me." Mei would grin before making her way to the rooftops and traveling along them to bypass the business below.

Brown hair would fly forward as the Kazekage came to a quick hault just atop a small building with loud laughter and musicians flaunting their talent noisily. The woman would squat down looking down into the streets where signs began to glow in the dimmness of the fading sunlight. "This is my kind of place. These are where the entertainment, food joints, and shinobi weapons are crafter, sold, and bought. It's kinda a hazardous mix, but what are ya gonna do? Move them?
Anyway, there's a tea shop where they also sell sweets, there's a few pubs, there's ramen, but personally, I drink alone. Gotta keep up my image or the elders get angry,"
Mei would try to speak over the music so the two could hear, however she also tried to keep her vpice down as not to get dragged away by people wishing to speak to her. The woman would stand before turning towards the center of the village, which held the Kage's office. "That large building in the center that sort of towers over everything.. that's where we work. That's the Kage Building. I'm basically trapped there all day, every day, for hours on end, with stacks of papers, and boring stuff. But... I don't really mind it. It gibes me a sense pf purpose.. I feel like a mother watching over her children.
It makes me happy."
After a while of staring at it, Mei would smile and begin to make her way there stopping only as she got to the very top roof, which held a rail all the way around. A small gust of wind would blow through just as Mei settled leaning against the rail with bot of her arms propped on it bringing the tour to a bit of a yield. Brown hair would flow with the wind only to settle again as it hung over her left shoulder dangling above the ground far below. Odd eyed would scan the area below as she watched the busy streets dwindling to a small trickle of individuals. It would all make her smile with a sort of calm, peacful atmosphere lingering upon that roof. The lights would grow brighter among the village as the darkness continued to emerge and engulf the sanded area. It was very calm.
Arcile
Arcile
Iwa Tsuchikage
Iwa Tsuchikage

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:01 pm
I was bombarded standard greeting and introduction that I felt like I'd heard countless times before, probably because that's just how monotonous it sounded. Welcome to Sandytown, eh? To her, milady, it would actually seem like she was just as bored of saying that. The words I imagined tasted like the dry sand around us as they escaped her succulent lips. As we progressed, her enthusiasm for this place became more clear, instead of the boring routine and necessary stuff, now that that was out of the way. She noted the shops and busy merchant district, stating that I could grab just about anything I needed, if I was willing to look carefully enough for it. This was only the beginning of her excitement as the Kazekage bounced and grinned, ready to show me what I could assume was closer to her heart. This area that she'd brought me to and vaulted up to, overlooked what seemed to be the heart of the cultural district in Sunagakure. She told me about all the craftsman, the pubs, and fancier food vendors that were here, as well as the expansive entertainers, littering the areas, performing for the masses.

She then noted the massive Kage building, her office and now mine. She rolled her eyes lightly when noting it, though there was a playfulness in her grin which indicated it wasn't a total drag. This was confirmed by her description of it, while being pretty much in there most of the day, there was a mystery, surprise, so to speak that kept everything interesting, as well as feeling as though she had plenty of duty to carry, that made her feel wanted and important, like a mother overseeing all of her children. I smiled at that, respectful and honored to be a part of all of this. I was a listener at heart, so up to this point, I was quiet, nodding to acknowledge her. But now was my turn to speak, and I did so. "I used to think this place was Matatabi's catbox so to speak, but you know.... Seeing it from a different lens, yours. It gives me a perspective on it I'd never have had were it not for you. I could get used to this place. Besides, Kirigakure's a swampy dump. There's not much to cherish about that place, especially not now. I could serve you with honor, to be proud that you are my superior. And as for sneaking out at night.... I'm pretty good with stealth, so you shouldn't worry too much, there will be plenty of time for fun as well" As I uttered the last part, I pulled a card out of her deck and winked, almost posing as though I had a fun side that I thought had died long ago. I felt refreshed and renewed. Maybe just dried out a bit instead of all soggy from being in the mist for so long. Either way, I looked at Mei with a smile on my face, one that was proud and bold, excited to see what new adventures would arise from this meeting of ours.
Mei-chan
Mei-chan
Suna Kazekage
Suna Kazekage

Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:44 pm
Mei would giggle a bit at the words Souma spoke to her for she had felt the same way once. Of course, Mei hadn't always felt the love for her village or the beast that lived within her. She hadn't always loved the sand or the people within its grasp. She hadn't always wanted to serve the village or the elders that she had spoken with directly many times. Mei hadn't always been so cheerful in her ways, but she had definitely found it the best course of action in such a weary world. Her mismatched eyes would wander along the skyline as it faded from existence prompting the woman to feel secure, yet blinded from the rest of the peoples scattered among the Earth's crust. She certainly knew that if there was to ever be an attack upon her people, it wouldn't be on this night for the lands had been silent and introverted for quite some time.

Just as Souma had finished speaking Mei would turn to him in time to see his flirtatious wink, which she was sure he had taken from her own file. At this point, Mei knew whatever came of their meeting wasn't simoly due to her charm or trickery. He had seen through her and even managed to still dedicate himself to her. Mei would smile widely at the man beside her wondering just what their future would bring.

The Kazekage would feel the air begin to feel chill leaving her with a fleeting thought of concern. "Oh no. You're not used to the desert cold yet. No matter. Your home should be ready for access." The woman would turn towards the back of the village opposite of the gate and point, You see. We like to keep housing spread along the side walls but the most important housing is opposite of the gate. So, of course, our housing facilities are going to be there, which makes little sense to me. I would prefer my home be closer to the gate so I can react to threats easily, however the elders believe I must be protected at all costs meaning the back wall is where I reside. I guess I'm not 100% trusted after all, but I don't mind. Sometimes, I just stay in the Kage Building... I have my secrets too." The girl would shake her head with a giggle before jumping down from the rooftop making her way to the housing district on foot hoping her new companion would follow her. "Well, be neighbors. You may be shocked once we arrive but please remember the homes are not under my control. Also, the ANBU take turns watching over my home in the night, so don't be startled if someone catches your attention," at this point, Mei found herself feelibg disappointed and embarrassed. Sure, Souna may think it's normal for a Kage to be protected by her people for her importance, however he didn't know her story nor the true intentions of the elders that sat above her. Mei would continue to walk along in silence, until the duo reached the houses. There were two relatively close, yet still far enough away to give privacy to the other. They were larger houses being too much for even a family of four or five to live in, but they were genjutsu casted over to look like more of a commoner's home from a distance for just about everyone. Considering the common people were not allowed near the Kage's home, they couldn't tell the difference making them feel much more joyous that their Kage lived as they did. "Well, I suppose this is it. Your home is yours to do as you choose. If you wish, you can request to move to a home more suitable to your style and yeah.. I'll be seeing you tomorrow my office bright and early." The girl would smile half heartedly before turning away to seclude herself from the rest hiding away in her home.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic